Because it takes JUST 3 MINUTES!
Get Instantly Approved
Because our approval process is QUICK!
Get Funded in a Day
Yes, you read that RIGHT!
Let’s know how much of your wages can be garnished!
Ignoring to pay back your debts may result in the wage garnishment. This is a judicial process of authorizing a bank or an employer to deduct a certain sum of money from one’s bank account, on failing to repay any of his/ her loan amount. But there is a limitation on the amount that is supposed to be deducted. The maximum possible percent of wages can be garnished is lower of the below two stated amounts: –
- 25% of your net disposable income, or
- An amount exceeding 30 times of the federal minimum wage.
This percent of garnished wages will not cease until your entire loan is repaid. But the good thing is there are a few ways on how we can prevent ourselves from paycheck deductions.
Steps to prevent the wage garnishment!
Lenders can garnish your wages only after a judgement is passed by the court. There are few points that you should know to prevent your wages from garnishing.
- Wage garnishment are not being performed deliberately by a lender like PaydayLoanTeller. You should first communicate with them and discuss about some easy repayment options.
- You should take an account that the percentage of your deduction of your paycheck is not more than the permitted limits.
- You can also file a case for bankruptcy to get rid of these garnishments.
- Take a look at the judgement of the court and check if everything is correct. Actually, none except the court could garnish your wages.
- Create a loan rehabilitation fund where you start saving a small part of your monthly earnings to pay back your loan.