Because it takes JUST 3 MINUTES!
Get Instantly Approved
Because our approval process is QUICK!
Get Funded in a Day
Yes, you read that RIGHT!
Will Go To Jail If I Don’t Pay Off My Payday Loans?
It has often been noticed that the borrowers are scared of the fact that if they can’t pay or don’t pay their payday loans; they will be jailed. But you can rest assured that even if you fail to make the payment, no payday lender can send you to jail. When payday loans go wrong, then your payday lenders can only sell your debts to collections. And the most, the collections also can do is, sue you for the amount you owe to them; but can’t directly prosecute you.
In case you don’t attend any of the court’s summon or try to avoid the complaint; you can be considered as a defaulter and a court’s order will be automatically passed in favor of the creditor. In order to avoid such legal proceedings, the best step would be to negotiate with the lender. Fair payday lenders don’t push you in troubles and negotiation becomes easy with lenders like PaydayLoanTeller.
Rules To Know After You Fail In Paying Your Payday Loan
Now, what do you do when you have failed to pay off a loan and the creditor will try to connect with you? You should go ahead and know the rules that your lenders should follow. These are: –
- Lenders can call you or even come and personally meet you.
- They are only allowed to connect with you between 7 am to 9 pm from Monday to Saturday. And, on Sundays, they can only contact you in between 1 pm to 5 pm.
- They can’t contact you in statutory holidays, either.
- Lenders are prohibited from contacting you for more than 3 times a week.
- Creditors are also forbidden to threaten, bully or harass you.
Apart from all these, they can contact your friends and families, and ask about you. But, they are not allowed to ask them for you or make them know about your non-payment of the loan.